I’ve always loved tapenade, but I never LOVED it until I made this recipe, which combines my love of puttanesca flavors into a thick, dark purple dip/spread that is delicious with toasted bread or pita or chips.
With Memorial Day this weekend, I figured this would be a great dish to make for entertaining guests or enjoying a warm evening in the garden.
Ina Garten’s recipe packs a punch with these robust flavors: anchovy, capers, black olives and lemon.
And the best part is that it’s easy to just combine the ingredients and mix!
Adapted from Ina Garten.
Black Olive Tapenade
- 1/2 pound good black olives, such as kalamata, pitted and diced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
Spoon into a serving bowl and serve with toasted bread, chips, pita triangles or pita chips. And some crisp veggies: carrots, celery, etc.
Enjoy, friends! xoxo